This morning, Kirkus Books announced its Best Nonfiction Books of 2019 (if you’ve been watching, they’ve been rolling out “Best Books” of different genres for the last month or so) — and I was delighted to find Becoming Dr. Seuss listed among their top nine biographies for the year. Given the caliber of the other winners on the list — Edmund Morris’s Edison, Sidney Blumenthal’s All the Powers of Earth, Leo Damrosch’s The Club–I feel like the nerd who’s crashed the Cool Kids Table. And I’m really excited to be there.
The Official Home Page of Brian Jay JonesWelcome to the official website of Brian Jay Jones - that’s me, the writer and biographer and not the dead Rolling Stone. Or the live aeronaut. Keep trying.
Becoming Dr. Seuss
Find me on Twitter!My Tweets
Featured on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
Han Shot First
200 Years of The Sketch Book
Proud Member of BIO
Recent Blog Posts
- “Constant Wonder” and Dr. Seuss
- Becoming Dr. Seuss in the NYT
- Happy Birthday Kermit! (And Sam! And Lisa!)
- Take a (Virtual) Walk with Me Through the Jim Henson Exhibition
- Cabin Fever? Catch Me Talking Jim Henson with Tough Pigs
- In Search of the Muppets
- Looking for a Signed Copy of Becoming Dr. Seuss?
- Coronavirus and the Wisdom of Ernie and Bert
- The Meticulous Whimsey of Dr. Seuss
- Remembering Terry Jones, Jim Henson, and Labyrinth