In April 2008, I had the privilege of speaking at the New York Society Library — where Irving was a longtime reader and trustee — to celebrate National Library Week.
- Brian goofs around with Historic Hudson Valley. Part 1 of the conversation is here, part 2 is here. (October 2009)
- A conversation with The Washington Examiner about fame, the theater, and Irving’s tendency toward potboilers.
Scribe of ‘Sleepy Hollow’ Rides Again
- A chat with the Albuquerque Journal about Christmas, Irving’s celebrity, and “backing into” biography.
A celebrity in the era of horse, buggy
- Brian talks with the Maryland Gazette about pop culture, politics, and Irving as America’s first pop culture icon.
Biographer awakens pop culture personality of the past
Guest appearances at Historic Hudson Valley’s HVBlog:
- Celebrating the birth of America’s first bestseller (June 23, 2008)
- The founder of Gotham City (July 31, 2008)