One of the really great joys of being the biographer of Jim Henson was having the opportunity to know the legion of devoted Jim Henson/Muppet fans. And it’s exactly the same way with George Lucas. Whether it’s discussing the prequels, arguing whether Han shot first, exploring Lucas’s influences, or debating the merits of CGI, George Lucas has one of the most active, vocal — and, frankly, fun — fanbases. It’s been a true pleasure appearing on so many podcasts and having the chance to converse with so many well-informed fans on pretty much everything.
The Official Home Page of Brian Jay JonesWelcome to the official website of Brian Jay Jones - that’s me, the writer and biographer and not the dead Rolling Stone. Or the live aeronaut. Keep trying.
George Lucas: A Life
I’m on Twitter, too.My Tweets
...and on Instagram.
Han Shot First
Recent Blog Posts
- Dark and Stormy Nights
- First Draft Complete. Level Up.
- The Goodreads Choice Awards, Then and Now
- Big Bird Takes a Final Bow
- Becoming Dr. Seuss: A Quick Update
- Cover Reveal: Becoming Dr. Seuss
- Remembering Dot Turk, My Charming Guide to Leland, Mississippi
- More Foreign Editions? Czech.
- Jim Henson Now on Sale for Kindle!
- Go Watch Muppet Guys Talking
Proud Member of BIO
Featured on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
- Criterion Announces March Titles December 14, 2018... Archive and The Film Foundation in collaboration with the Cinémathèque Française, with funding provided by the George Lucas Family Foundation.
- Great Shot, Kid: These Unreleased Images From the New Star Wars Archives Book Are One in a ... December 14, 2018... new behind the scenes images, concept art, on-set photographs, and a first person account by writer, director and producer George Lucas has been ...
- Avengers Infinity War : All the special effects featured in an impressive video December 14, 2018Industrial Light & Magic, the company founded by George Lucas, has released a video showing the changes impressive Infinity War in the decisive ...
- How 'Star Wars' Borrows From 'Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid' December 14, 2018Although it's not as successful in Attack of the Clones as it is in Butch Cassidy, seeing what George Lucas was trying to emulate makes me love the ...
- Movie magic: Inside the visual effects of 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' December 14, 2018Punch it! The folks at Industrial Light and Magic -- the trailblazing visual effects company George Lucas founded to help bring the original "Star Wars" ...
- Criterion Announces March Titles December 14, 2018
Old News is Good News