One of the really great joys of being the biographer of Jim Henson was having the opportunity to know the legion of devoted Jim Henson/Muppet fans. And it’s exactly the same way with George Lucas. Whether it’s discussing the prequels, arguing whether Han shot first, exploring Lucas’s influences, or debating the merits of CGI, George Lucas has one of the most active, vocal — and, frankly, fun — fanbases. It’s been a true pleasure appearing on so many podcasts and having the chance to converse with so many well-informed fans on pretty much everything.
The Official Home Page of Brian Jay JonesWelcome to the official website of Brian Jay Jones - that’s me, the writer and biographer and not the dead Rolling Stone. Or the live aeronaut. Keep trying.
George Lucas: A Life
I’m on Twitter, too.My Tweets
...and on Instagram.
Han Shot First
Recent Blog Posts
Proud Member of BIO
Featured on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
- Disney Opts for Design Patent for Valuable Piece of IP—Cap's Shield June 19, 2018Think of George Lucas of Star Wars fame. It is well known that when he negotiated his contract with 20th Century Fox studios to film Star Wars, he took ...
- Solo : A Star Wars Story reveals surprising sketches of Chewbacca and the Millenium Falcon in a ... June 19, 2018This risk of animate still a lot of debate between fans of the saga of George Lucas. A Millenium Falcon that would have almost of the tunes from ...
- Jaws Opens Wide in Newtown June 19, 2018Spielberg and Williams next collaborated on Close Encounters of the Third Kind, then Spielberg recommended him to his pal, George Lucas for his ...
- Students launch GoFundMe for documentary about local magician June 19, 2018The little tot really enjoyed the behind-the-scenes interview of director George Lucas, and for the rest of his life that feeling really stuck with him and ...
- Video: Why we love the Mazda RX-7 June 19, 2018While 1978 will forever be known as the debut year for George Lucas' Star Wars, Mazda presented real-life sci-fi design with its all-new rotary engine.
- Disney Opts for Design Patent for Valuable Piece of IP—Cap's Shield June 19, 2018
Old News is Good News