The Official Home Page of Brian Jay JonesWelcome to the official website of Brian Jay Jones - that’s me, the writer and biographer and not the dead Rolling Stone. Or the live aeronaut. Keep trying.
George Lucas: A Life
I’m on Twitter, too.My Tweets
Han Shot First
Recent Blog Posts
- May the Fourteenth Be With You…
- “He Isn’t Inclined to Worry About Your Emotional Well-Being”: An Interview, Part II
- The Picture That Worked
- “Too Many Notes”: An Interview, Part I
- Back at the Book Fest
- The One in Which I Enjoy Being George Lucas’s Biographer
- Your Mountain Is Waiting…So Get on Your Way!
- The Eyes Have It…
- Buried Treasure
Proud Member of BIO
Featured on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
What I’m Reading
- Obama Foundation Raises Record $13.1 Million May 23, 2017
- (Stormtrooper Disguise) w/box NIP May 22, 2017
- An Honest Look at “Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace” May 22, 2017
Old News is Good News
Avengers Assemble! Sort of.
If you’re a biographer or aspiring biographer, a reader of biographies, or even just someone who loves the Biography Channel . . . well, have I got an offer for you. It’s not quite Avengers Assemble! but it’s close.
Biographers International Organization — the world’s premiere group of biographers and lovers of biography — is holding its third annual conference this May, at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles. There’ll be panels of research and writing, interviewing and negotiating, and even a bit of sex and violence. Yeah, really. And all brought to you by a crack team of biographers, including Charles J. Shields, Richard Schickel, Will Swift, Jonathan Eig, Kate Buford, and Pulitzer Prize winner Debby Applegate.
There’ll also be two all-day sessions on Friday to choose from — one where you can tour the Academy of Motion Picture Arts library, the other where you’ll get a peek into the archives of the Los Angeles Public Library, where they keep their old photos and maps and directions to finding the Ark of the Covenant.
Oh, and did I mention the lunchtime keynote address by Arnold Rampersad? Now I have. And now you know you need to be there, right?
For more information, go here. And I’ll see you in Los Angeles.